The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't (re-)install Adblock 0.5 on Mozilla 1.5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: I can't (re-)install Adblock 0.5 on Mozilla 1.5 Reply with quote

I can't (re-)install Adblock 0.5 on Mozilla 1.5(20031007) and XP Pro german SP 1.
Must have installed ver 0.2 before. Trying to install ver 0.5, I always get the 'Sorry, a previous version is installed..." error. Tried everything, cleaning as per FAQ, checked the whole workstation for occurence of the string 'adblock' in all files, even uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Mozilla, always with the same effect!
Is there a more indepth un-install FAQ available or some logging option which would point me in the right direction?

Any thoughts about this?
Thanks and rgds
Thomas
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Re: I can't (re-)install Adblock 0.5 on Mozilla 1.5 Reply with quote

You definitely have adblock installed somewhere.

If you can locate the profile folder, the jar-file is probably in its chrome-dir. delete this file, then, follow the instructions in the faq.

[Update: standby -- I'm altering the install-msg to tell us where your previous install is. We'll figure this out.]
sansibar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks rue.
Hope we get this baby delivered. ..Smile
Ver 0.5 is othewise running fine on other workstations.

PS: Is there a way to share a filter list between different pc's in a lan or even on the internet? I don't mean import/export, but a single file which is directly accessed and updated by all adblock-installations.
rue
Developer

Consider this a nightly -- customized just for you.
Adblock 0.5 d1.2
sansibar

Great! Thanks rue. I will try it as soon as come home tonite.

Just for a better understanding, is this special night(l)y version now supposed to have a clearer error/status-messages and/or other modifs as well?

Rgds
rue
Developer

It also includes all modifications through last night, since d1 was posted -- namely, revisions to deinstallation.

Relevant to you, it informs at install-time whether adblock is installed in profile, root, or both (improbable though this seems).
sansibar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it, finally.
Your special version said that an existing version was in the profile, but could not find andything related there.
So finally I added a new profile thru the profile manager after which adblock installed fine in that new (default-)profile.

I had to rebuild and customize a lot of the profile-options, but at least adblock is now running.

Thanks for your help.
rgds from Switzerland
Thomas
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least you got it running.

For closure's sake, it's worth noting that adblock's jar is present somehow in your old profile. The install routine simply does a file-check. I suppose it might have been turned into a hidden file, or corrupted in some way. But it has to be there.

Somewhere.
Ublis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I had huge problems updating from 0.3 too. I removed it from the MozillaFirebird dir, I even completely reinstalled Firebird after cleaning its dir, but it still said AdBlock was present. Turns out there's a Phoenix dir somewhere in Windows\App data. Took me forever to figure out and I got really angry at Adblock too Smile.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: