The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock prefs in .rdf-file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004    Post subject: Adblock prefs in .rdf-file Reply with quote

To copy the Adblock prefs between different profiles or Mozilla and Firebird it would be helpful if Adblock would use a .rdf-file to store its preferences and patterns.
Is this planned for future releases?
MW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

just copy the lines in your current prefs.js pertaining to adblock to the new profiles' prefs.js. Make sure u do this with Mozilla/Netscape is not running (including quickstart)
Sven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I use this way to copy my prefs. But with a separate config file it would be much easier. Especially when it could be linked to the different directories.
MW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile

I hear you, however, i actually kinda like it like it is. this way my moz prefs/files are easier to backup/maintain..... as it is Mozilla flings settings all over so many files. wouldn't want the same for AdBlock... But that' just me, i certainly can appreciate your desire to have a seperate file though....
hank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004    Post subject: Oh, THAT explains why I've been losing them .... Reply with quote

I didn't even know I _could_ copy just a chunk out of a ".js" file -- will this work under Mac OSX?

I'd been exporting and re-importing my filters when I remembered to -- each time I had a new nightly build of OSX Firebird.

I have never been sure what can and cannot be safely copied over into a newly created default Profile, from an old backed up Profile.
Aaron Spuler
QA Testing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always go to TOOLS -> ADBLOCK -> PREFERENCES, -> ADBLOCK OPTIONS -> EXPORT FILTERS... Always works for me. Smile
MW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron:
True about exporting filters, however that won't savw yor other settings (not that there are so many Smile ).

Hank:
I'm not familiar with Mac OSX, but i would venture to say one could copy a profile to another or even partial export. There probably are some quirks pertaining to OSX (a guess). In windows I know that there are some files i need to keep from the root directory (not my profile) to keep my profile settings/plugins and some other tweaks exactly like I want it. I guess trial & error is the best teacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: