The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doesn't work with Mac OS 10.3.2 Firebird Nightlies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhostik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003    Post subject: Doesn't work with Mac OS 10.3.2 Firebird Nightlies Reply with quote

Adblock doesn't work with Firebird nightlies on OS 10.3.2

(Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031229 Firebird/0.7+)

yet it will work with OS 10.1.5 and with Mozilla Suite 1.6b on 10.3.2

1) The Adblock link in the status bar doesn't show any blockable properties on any web page.

2) When you command-click on an ad, the contextual menu doesn't appear.

3) The Adblock menu item doesn't appear in the Tools menu unless you download another extension that uses the Tools menu (OS X extensions are usually accessed via the "Preferences" option in the application menu). This also happens in 10.1.5

All these functions work fine in Firebird milestone 0.7.1
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhostik:
This occurs even with a new profile and just Adblock installed?
If so, pop the script console and post any relevant errors: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console. Try right-clicking a few images if nothing's there.
rhostik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with new profile and only Adblock. But I had to install Mozilla Amazon Browser extension to get Adblock to appear in Tools menu. Before this, Adblock was present but still not recognising any blockable items.

Once I had access to Adblock preferences through the Tools menu, I imported my filters but they did not work.

I tried what you suggested but there were no entries in the Script Console when right-clicking any images. I did get an error message when clicking "Adblock" in the status bar:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception…"Component returned failure code: 080070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIXULTreeBuilder.getResourceAtIndex]"
nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location "JS frame :: chrome://adblock/content/filterall.js :: onSelectionChange :: line 161" data: no]

Hope I didn't make any typos - I had to type this out 'cos you can't cut & paste from my console.

(This is with v0.5 d2 Nightly build 34)

-Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: