The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 29 worked only one day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003    Post subject: Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 29 worked only one day Reply with quote

I've installed Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 29 yesterday and it worked great. Everything I ever wanted Smile

Unfortunately today it doesn't. When I choose Adblock Image from the context menu, nothing happens. Most -- maybe all -- images that were filtered are displayed again. When I click the Adblock text-icon to the bottem of my browser window, It doesn't show any blockable items.

I'm using Mozilla 1.5, and did not install Adblock in my profile. Meanwhile I created, used and deleted a user profile. Can this be the cause?
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navid:
Very, very odd. Try this:
Restart the browser. Load a page and try Adblocking something. Open the JavaScript Console: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console. Click the errors-button and post anything you see, here.
Navid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works again! Just restarted and it's alive and kickin' Very Happy

Sorry, I couldn't help debugging Sad
Navid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003    Post subject: Some JS-Errors Reply with quote

I get this in the Javascript console right after starting Mozilla:

Code:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProperties.get]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://adblock/content/component.js :: adblockInit :: line 268"  data: no]
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/component.js
Line: 268

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIRDFService.GetDataSource]"  nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://communicator/content/sidebar/sidebarOverlay.js :: sidebar_open_default_panel :: line 800"  data: no]
Source File: chrome://communicator/content/sidebar/sidebarOverlay.js
Line: 800

Warning: reference to undefined property this.mPanelContainer
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml
Line: 1420
Navid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, yes, when I try to adblock something I get this error:

Quote:
Error: data has no properties
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/adblock.js
Line: 675

after having a couple of these warnings:

Quote:
Warning: reference to undefined property node._AdblockData
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/adblock.js
Line: 672
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navid:
It doesn't sound like you know when the problem started. Have you installed any other extensions recently?
Also, you should be using the latest nightly. Download and apply the upgrade-jar from the Dev. page.
Col. Kurtz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be having this same problem. Adblock seems to work when it wants to.

System Info:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007
Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 34
Adblock is installed in the browser root (not in a profile).

Here's how I reproduce what's happening:
1. I enable javascript for Navigator.
2. I close all Mozilla windows and totally exit out of Mozilla by exiting Mozilla Quick Launch.
3. I then restart Mozilla and open a Navigator window and browse to the usual sites that have ads in my prefs that can be blocked... and it works. (No Errors in the JavaScript Console)
4. After browsing for a while I close the Navigator window, but without exiting/killing Quick Launch.
5. I then reopen a Mozilla Navigator window, but then Adblock seems to not want to work for some reason. JavaSript Console has these errors:

Code:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIProperties.get]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://adblock/content/component.js :: adblockInit :: line 284"  data: no]
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/component.js
Line: 284

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIRDFService.GetDataSource]"  nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://communicator/content/sidebar/sidebarOverlay.js :: sidebar_open_default_panel :: line 800"  data: no]
Source File: chrome://communicator/content/sidebar/sidebarOverlay.js
Line: 800

Error: window.arguments has no properties
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/filterall.js
Line: 148

Error: window.arguments has no properties
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/filterall.js
Line: 148

I can bring Adblock *back to life* by totally exiting all Mozilla windows and exiting/killing the Quick Launch program. But then the cycle continues when I exit and don't kill Quick Launch again...

So, I suspect for systems that use Quick Launch (Windows only?) this is where the problem might be. I haven't tried it on my sandbox Linux system yet.

(Great work on this project. The only adblocking software I've used since 1999 was ATGaurd's adblocking and then switched over to Norton Internet Security 2001's adblocking. And they both have problems. Can't wait for the Browser to do these fuctions. I already have NIS's adblocking disabled! Again, excellent work Adblock programming team. :->)
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Col. Kurtz:
Got it.
The error didn't make sense at first, because it's already enclosed in a try-block. I forgot I'd set the catch to *throw* the error (debug - lacking a window-context to pop an alert).
The next nightly will land the fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: