The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks for a good product! Works fine in Nestscape 7.1.

How do you upgrade? Do you have deinstall first or can you install over the previous version?

Fred
jiro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deinstall and then update - works for me (WinXP, Firebird 0.7)
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Fred
hank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003    Post subject: New nightly build seems to lose Adblock (but not its prefs) Reply with quote

I've been downloading the latest OSX nightly Firebird build recently,
-- uncompressing it
-- dropping it into the Application folder on the boot disk
-- restarting

Adblock (and FlashClickToView) disappear, since about a week ago, after doing this. I come to the web page, and Install the latest version. Then Adblock finds my Adblock preferences just fine and we go on for 24 hours, then repeat.

I no longer see an option to choose whether to install for 'All' (meaning, I think, in the boot disk System somewhere), or for only the current user (my preference, because that seemed to avoid losing Adblock when I put in the new Firebird nightly.

NukeAnything 0.1 --- my third and last extension -- always survives putting in the new nightly build.

No big deal; I probably removed something from my Profile a week or two ago when trying to figure out what to get rid of and what to keep, is my guess.

But if this is useful, it'd be nice to know what I"m doing here or should be doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: