The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant reach preferences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003    Post subject: Cant reach preferences Reply with quote

Hello

I like the idea for this project hence I'm trying it out. I've previously used Proxomitron, DNS Kong, Privoxy, Hosts file etc for add / unwanted stuff blocking but having something built into the browser appeals.

Anyway I only downloaded the most recent stable release of Mozilla for Windows a few days ago (Dec 03) and installed Adblock today. My problem is that I cant reach the preferences for adblock. Adblock appears unders Tools but when I click Preferences absolutely nothing happens. Any idea why this is and how I can make it work??

Thanks
Sab
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sab:
Try the pref-window again. Then, open the script-console: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console. Post any adblock-errors you see.

Ok

I hit Tools > Adblock > Preferences , nothing happens.

I hit Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console , and get the following Adblock related err.:

Error: window.open is not a function
Source File: chrome://adblock/content/adblock.js
Line: 716

I get other JavaScritp err's but nothing related.

Thanks
Sab
rue
Developer

Sab:
Were you installing mozilla for the first time? That error doesn't make much sense, unless something's been corrupted -- which implies a profile from a prior install.
After restarting the browser, go straight to the console and post any errors you see. Then, try creating a new profile and installing Adblock there.
sab

There may be something up with my Mozilla installation.

I had to reinstal it a couple of times. Originally I installed it from my friends User Login under Windows XP then I created my own User Acc but Mozilla would start up properly. I uninstalled it and installed it from my user acc and it seemed to work ok.

Here's my latest JavaScript Console err's, soon after start up:

Error: document.getElementById("contentAreaContextMenu") has no properties
Source File: chrome://reloadevery/content/reloadeveryOverlay.js
Line: 69

I may have installed some Mozilla plugins that didn't work properly or where the author had written them for Firebird and assumed they would work under Mozilla as they dont show up or work.

I cant create a new Mozilla Profile. I hit Start > All Programs > Mozilla > Profile Manager , and I just get a new Mozilla window opening but no Profile Mananger.

Maybe I'll have to completely remove Mozilla and start again.

Sab
rue
Developer

Sab:
Yes, start over (making sure to remove the profile-dir) -- and this time, install Adblock first. Then, individually install the other extensions, restarting for each. Try Adblock's pref-window after each restart -- you'll thus locate the break.

will do

Thanks for your help Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: