The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock 0.5 install doesn't seem to work with Mozilla 1.5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swimgeek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Adblock 0.5 install doesn't seem to work with Mozilla 1.5 Reply with quote

Hi,
I recently upgraded to Mozilla 1.5 on Gentoo Linux, which stopped my earlier version of adblock to stop working. So I downloaded the jar file (version 0.5), copied to my chrome directory and restated the browser. But I don't see any changes to the Tools menu, nor does the ad seemed to be getting blocked! Adblock however worked fine on my windows partition. What might be wrong?

thanks in advance
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimgeek:
If you were upgrading from anything older than v.5, you'll need to follow these removal instructions. Make sure to delete the "upgrade" jar, then run the installer off the Dev. page.
Btw, which chrome-directory did you copy to: root or profile?
swimgeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003    Post subject: Still unable to install mozilla Reply with quote

Hi,
My mozilla kept crashing on windows, so I decided to follow the same procedure to install adblock. After following the procedure to clean old files. I place adblock.jar in the User Profile::chrome directory. Its not being recognized still, as it does not show up in the Tools menu. What else might I need to do?
Also I wasn't able to reach the adblock site after my posting. I guess it was down?

thanks!
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimgeek:
No- the jar-file is specifically for upgrading -- Adblock must already be installed.
What you want is the Install-link, just above the Changelog. Mozdev.org has intermittent problems, so you may have to check back a few times before it's responding.
swimgeek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Got it rue. Thanks a lot. Let me say that you guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: