The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nightly 30 not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEdwardP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: nightly 30 not working Reply with quote

Nightly 30 won't work on Firebird 20031209, even after manual removal of the jar from my profile dir.

It appears to install correctly, yet behaves in every way as if it weren't installed at all once the browser is restarted.

Any way to get nightly 29 back?
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEdwardP:
To confirm, I just installed off the Dev. page -- everything's working.
When you say "behaves in every way", does this mean the menuitems / status-element are present? Or did you mean to say: it doesn't seem to be installed?
JEdwardP

rue wrote:
does this mean the menuitems / status-element are present? Or did you mean to say: it doesn't seem to be installed?

It is listed as being installed in the "extensions" section of Firebird prefs, yet no menu items, nor the status bar indicator are present.
rue
Developer

Try deleting the xul-cache, located in your profile directory.
Also: what version were you upgrading from, and are you installing to profile, still?

rue wrote:
Try deleting the xul-cache

I deleted the XUL cache, and it worked. I'll need to rebuild my filters now, but at least there weren't many of them. Thanks for such quick help, rue!

I'm on OS X and I don't have an XUL cache file that I can see... fresh install, trying to install the adblock nightly version available as of today.

I get an "adblock" item in the lower left corner of the window, but that just lists blockable elements rather than giving me the adblock window. Enabling and disabling from the prefs window does nothing and the options button there is grayed out.

I need my ad blocking back!
rue
Developer

JEdwardP:
Your prefs should have carried over. You didn't delete prefs.js, did you?

Guest:
By "Adblock window", do you mean Adblock's separate pref-window? It should be in the tools-menu, under 'Adblock'.
If that doesn't help, pop the JavaScript Console: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console. Post any related errors you see.
JEdwardP

rue wrote:
JEdwardP:
Your prefs should have carried over.

They actually did; I was looking at another window when I thought otherwise.

All is well now. Many thanks.

rue wrote:
By "Adblock window", do you mean Adblock's separate pref-window? It should be in the tools-menu, under 'Adblock'.

Yup, that's the one. I've used Adblock before (my blocklist is waiting in a textfile on the desktop, impatiently wanting to be reinstalled) but the only items in the tools menu are Downloads, Javascript Console, and Page Info. I can add things to the block list but not remove them, and I can't load the existing blocklist I saved to text file before wiping Firebird and the profile folder to fix some nasty problems and doing a clean reinstall.
rue
Developer

Guest:
Open Adblock's pref-window, change something, and close it. Now, open the script-console: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console. Post any adblock errors you see.
The delete-key should allow you to remove selected filters. Also, do you get an error-message when the filter-import fails?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:
Guest:
Open Adblock's pref-window, change something, and close it.

You know, I'm just plain confused by Mozilla some days. The problem wasn't not being able to add filters -- the problem was that the "Adblock" menu item wasn't in the Tools menu. But it came back this morning. I don't pretend to have a clue why ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: